What is the Labour Market about?
- Jobs and Salaries
- Occupations that are growing or disappearing
- Listings of your local industries and businesses (who they are, what they do, how to contact them)
- Your community (who, what, where people live and work)
- Information on the type of skills and training employers are looking for
Why do I need to know?
- Helps you understand your strengths (skills) and/or areas that might be barriers to finding employment or re-training.
- Helps you find the right “employment” fit.
- It is important to know about the company(ies) you are applying to: what they do, what they make, whether they are financially stable, etc. so that you can make informed decisions.
- By understanding the business/industry you are applying to, you will be able to customize your resume and sell them on your skills and abilities; you will also be well prepared to answer their questions during an interview.
- Assists when you are considering a career change and education or training programs.
Where can I find Labour Market Information (LMI)?
- Northwest Training and Adjustment Board
- Colleges and Universities
- Economic Development Organizations
- Chambers of Commerce
- Employment Ontario
- Community Futures Development Corporations
- Public Library
- Service Canada
|Northern Projections Human Capital Series Kenora District|
|Northern Projections Human Capital Services Rainy River District|
|Labour Market Information - What Is It & How It Can Help (Employed Workers)|
|Labour Market Information - What Is It & How It Can Help (Employers)|
|Labour Market Information - What Is It & How It Can Help (Youth)|
|Labour Market Information - What Is It & How It Can Help (Laid Off Workers)|
NTAB is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.