Other financial officers
National Occupation Code (NOC): 1114
This unit group includes professional occupations in finance not elsewhere classified such as financial planners, financial examiners and inspectors, financial investigators, financial underwriters, mortgage brokers and trust officers. They are employed by banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed.
Job Duties for Other financial officersFinancial planners
- Develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters
- Analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy
- Advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals
- May also arrange for the purchase and sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability
- May help to expand business and attract new clients.
- Review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
- Underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds
- Negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
- Administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts
- Direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
- Meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged
- Negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.
Working Conditions for Other financial officersWork is typically performed in an office environment.
Alternate Job Titles
- Account Manager
- Bank Inspector
- Bonds Underwriter
- Credit Adjudicator
- Credit Agency Inspector
- Credit Unions Examiner
- Estate Administrator
- Estate And Trust Administrator
- Estate Executor
- Finance And Credit Administrator - International Banking
- Financial Institutions Examiner
- Financial Institutions Inspector
- Financial Investigator
- Financial Management Officer
- Financial Management Officer - Pension Plan Analysis
- Financial Management Officer - Program Budgeting
- Financial Planner
- Financial Planner - Personal Finances
- Financial Services Consultant
- Financial Underwriter
- Foreign Interbanking Arrangements Officer
- Interbanking Arrangements Officer
- Investment Advisor - Personal Finances
- Investment Counsellor - Personal Finances
- Lending Solutions Manager
- Mortgage Broker
- Mortgage Underwriter
- Personal Financial Planner
- Personal Trust Officer
- Securities Analyst - Personal Finances
- Securities Counsellor
- Securities Underwriter
- Trust Officer
- Financial Advisor
- Assistant Estate Manager
- Wealth Management Advisor