Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
National Occupation Code (NOC): 3125
This unit group includes health professionals who diagnose and treat the diseases and injuries of patients and who are not elsewhere classified. This includes doctors of podiatric medicine, chiropodists and podiatrists, naturopaths, orthoptists and doctors of osteopathic medicine. They work in private practices, clinics and hospitals.
Job Duties for Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treatingDoctors of podiatric medicine
- Diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot and communicate diagnoses to patients
- Treat patients using braces, casts, shields, orthotic devices, physical therapy, or prescribed medications
- May also perform surgery on the bones of the forefoot and the subcutaneous soft tissues of the foot.
- Diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot
- Treat patients using braces, casts, shields, orthotic devices, physical therapy and subcutaneous soft-tissue foot surgery.
- Diagnose patients' diseases and disorders
- Employ natural methods of healing such as acupuncture and acupressure, spinal manipulation, reflexology, hydrotherapy, herbal medicines, biochemical therapy, clinical nutrition, homeopathy and counselling in their treatment.
- Work alongside ophthalmologists to diagnose and treat eye disorders by performing specialized eye tests to measure and assess defective binocular vision or abnormal eye movement in patients
- Prescribe treatment such as eye exercises or patching regimens.
- Diagnose disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal, circulatory and nervous systems
- Treat patients with manipulative therapy, medications or surgery.
Working Conditions for Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
Alternate Job Titles
- Chief Orthoptist
- Clinical Orthoptist
- D.P.M. (doctor Of Podiatric Medicine)
- Doctor Of Naturopathic Medicine
- Doctor Of Naturopathy
- Doctor Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Doctor Of Osteopathy
- Doctor Of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)
- Foot Specialist
- Naturopathic Doctor (ND)
- Naturopathic Physician
- ND (naturopathic Doctor)
- Osteopath - Physician
- Osteopathic Doctor
- Osteopathic Physician
- Teaching Orthoptist