Post-secondary teaching and research assistants
National Occupation Code (NOC): 4012
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
Job Duties for Post-secondary teaching and research assistantsPost-secondary teaching assistants
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
- Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
- Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
Working Conditions for Post-secondary teaching and research assistantsWork is performed in the offices of educational facilities or from home.
Alternate Job Titles
- College Laboratory Assistant
- College Teaching Assistant
- Discussion Group Leader - Post-secondary Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Assistant - University
- Laboratory Demonstrator - Post-secondary Teaching Assistance
- Laboratory Supervisor - Post-secondary Teaching Assistant
- Marker - Post-secondary Teaching Assistance
- Post-secondary Research Assistant
- Post-secondary Teaching Assistant
- Research Assistant - Post-secondary
- Teaching Assistant - Post-secondary
- Teaching Assistant - University
- Tutor - Post-secondary Teaching Assistant
- University Laboratory Assistant
- University Research Assistant
- University Teaching Assistant