Supervisors, railway transport operations
National Occupation Code (NOC): 7304
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of railway and yard locomotive engineers, railway yard workers and railway labourers. They are employed by railway transport companies.
Job Duties for Supervisors, railway transport operations
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trains, drive locomotives in railway yards and perform other duties related to railway operations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare work reports.
Working Conditions for Supervisors, railway transport operationsWork is performed indoors and outdoors, depending on the task.
Alternate Job Titles
- Foreman/woman - Railway Transport
- Freight Train Road Foreman/woman
- Passenger Train Road Foreman/woman
- Railway Transport Operating Support Foreman/woman
- Railway Transport Operations Foreman/woman
- Railway Transport Operations Supervisor
- Road Foreman/woman - Railway Transport
- Station Agent - Railway Transport
- Stationmaster - Railway Transport
- Yard Foreman/woman - Railway
- Yardmaster - Railway