Water well drillers
National Occupation Code (NOC): 7373
Water well drillers operate a variety of mobile water well drilling rigs and equipment to drill and monitor residential, commercial and industrial water wells. They are employed by water well drilling contractors and governments, or they may be self-employed.
Job Duties for Water well drillers
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig for residential, commercial and industrial water wells or environmental assessment, and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures
- Document geological formations encountered
- Clean and disinfect wells in preparation for use
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance
- May provide other drilling services, such as repair or dismantling of existing water well structure, elevator shaft drilling and hydro pole drilling.
Working Conditions for Water well drillersWork is performed outdoors. Safety measures must be followed to prevent injury from machinery, tools, and noise. Work may also involve heavy vibrations and back and forth motion of the body, as well as deep water.
Alternate Job Titles
- Apprentice Water Well Driller
- Cable Tool Driller - Water Well Drilling
- Churn Drill Operator - Water Well Drilling
- Journeyman/woman Water Well Driller
- Water Well Driller
- Water Well Driller Apprentice
- Water Well Driller Journeyman/woman
- Water Well Drilling Technician