Other professional occupations in physical sciences
National Occupation Code (NOC): 2115
This group includes metallurgists, soil scientists and physical scientists and researchers, not elsewhere classified, involved in the conduct of theoretical and applied research in fields of physical science. They are employed by governments, educational institutions and a wide range of industrial establishments.
Job Duties for Other professional occupations in physical sciencesMetallurgists
- Conduct studies into the properties and production of metals and alloys.
- Conduct research into the composition, distribution and evolution of soils.
- Conduct research into the properties, composition and production of materials such as ceramics and composite materials.
- Command, pilot or serve as crew members of a spacecraft to conduct scientific experiments and research, and participate in space missions as mission specialists to maintain spacecraft, install and repair space station equipment and launch and recapture satellites.
Working Conditions for Other professional occupations in physical sciencesWork may be performed indoors or outdoors, depending on the task or project.
Alternate Job Titles
- Ballistics Examiner
- Extractive Metallurgist
- Firearms Examiner
- Firearms Expert
- Materials Engineering Scientist
- Materials Scientist
- Physical Metallurgist
- Research Metallurgist
- Research Scientist - Ceramics
- Research Scientist - Composite Materials
- Soil Scientist